XShield values its relationship with you. Protecting the privacy of your information is of the greatest importance to us. Whether you are a current, former, or potential customer, XShield handles your information with the same high level of confidentiality and security.
Our Use And Disclosure of Information
At XShield, we gather information about you that may be used including in connection with your application for a protection plan, to process and service your protection plan, settle your claims and offer you additional products and services that we think may be of interest to you, for research and analytics purposes, and as permitted or directed by you. If you purchase a plan for yourself and any other person(s), we also may gather, use and share such person's/persons' information in the same manner.
We collect the following categories of information.
- Personal information you provide when you create an account, which may include your first and last name, place of residence, gender, date of birth, email address, insurance provider, photographs, username and password.
- Personal information you provide when you request information or purchase products or services from us, whether on our Site or through our Applications, including your postal address, telephone number and payment information
- Personal Information you provide in public forums on our Site and Applications such as quotes, comments, photographs, videos, or other digital media
- Personal Information sent either one-to-one or within a limited group using our message, chat, post or similar functionality, where we are permitted by law to collect this information
- Personal Information you provide to us when you use our Site and Applications, our Applications on third-party sites or platforms, such as social networking sites, or link your profile on a third-party site or platform with your registration account
- Location information when you visit our Site or use our Applications, including location information either provided by a mobile device interacting with one of our Site or Applications, or associated with your IP address, where we are permitted by law to process this information
- Usage, viewing and technical data, including your device identifier or IP address, when you visit our Site, use our Applications on third-party sites or platforms, or open emails we send
Use of Your Information by XShield.
In general, personal information that you submit to us is used either to respond to requests that you make, or to aid us in serving you better. We use your personal information in the following ways:
- To send marketing communications from XShield (including but not limited to newsletters, e-mail, direct mail, phone calls, etc.)
- To provide you with the products and services you request
- To communicate with you about your account or transactions with us, respond to your comments and questions, provide customer service, and send you information about features on our Site and Applications or changes to our policies
- With your consent, to post your testimonial along with your name and other information on our Site or in media channels.
- When you disclose information about yourself in any XShield online forum, to post that information on our Site, and on third-party sites
- Consistent with local law and choices and controls that may be available to you
- To send you offers and promotions for our products and services or third-party products and services
- To personalize content and experiences on our Site and Applications
- To provide you with advertising based on your activity on our Site and Applications and on third-party sites and applications.
- To optimize or improve our products, services and operations
- To understand you and your preferences in order to enhance your experience and enjoyment using our Site, Applications, products, and services
- Consistent with local law, to link or combine your personal information with other personal information we get from trusted third parties to help understand your needs and provide you with better service
- To detect, investigate and prevent activities that may violate our policies or be illegal
- In addition, XShield may use and share your personal information with its affiliates, subsidiaries, and partners for purposes of follow-up communications, notices, and/or marketing.
- Third Party Advertisements
- We may use anonymous and aggregated information to analyze request and usage patterns so that we may enhance the content of our services and improve Site navigation. We reserve the right to use anonymous and aggregated information for any purpose and to disclose such information to third parties in our sole discretion.
Information We Collect From Third Parties
This includes information we collect from affiliated and nonaffiliated third parties. It may include information such as demographic information, personal information and insurance claims reports.
Information We Disclose
Information about our current, former, or potential customers may be disclosed, but only as permitted or required by law, or as permitted or directed by the customer or consumer.
For example, we may disclose such information to affiliated and unaffiliated insurance or warranty companies, insurance agents, reinsurance companies, lenders, car dealers, insurance support organizations, government entities, and claims administrators. We may also disclose such information to nonaffiliated third parties that perform services or functions on our behalf including the marketing of our products or services. Further, we may also disclose such information as necessary to effect, administer or enforce a transaction that you request or authorize, or in connection with servicing or processing a transaction that you request or authorize.
The following are examples of situations in which we may disclose such information:
- Your information may be passed between us and our agents, appraisers, attorneys, investigators, and others who may be involved in the sales and marketing of XShield products and services, processing of applications, and servicing of plans or claims.
- We may provide your information to others whom we determine need such information to perform other professional functions for us. These may include parties helping us with administrative services.
- We may supply information as required by search warrant, subpoena, or legal process, to state departments, or other law enforcement or government authorities when required by law, or to protect our own legal interests in the event of suspected illegal or fraudulent activities.
- If we collect your information as an agent for one of our business partners, we may use it to contact you or make you an offer regarding products that may be of interest to you.
XShield may contact you regarding your plan and our products and services, such as plan costs, billing notices, confirmations of changes, changes to our products, and other XShield-specific communications. You may NOT unsubscribe from these XShield-specific communications that relate to your primary usage of our service and products, and you agree to receive these communications if you make a purchase.
When become a planholder with us, XShield may contact you about third-party promotions, our products and services and other information that may be useful to you. In addition, prior to purchasing a plan or after canceling your plan, XShield may contact you to confirm your plan or invite you to come back and get a new plan or to purchase a plan. You will have the ability to unsubscribe from whichever type of communication you received.
Confidential and secure web environment
XShield is strongly committed to protecting the confidentiality and security of your information against unauthorized access and disclosure. We only disclose your information to our personnel, our affiliates' personnel, others who need to know that information to service your account, and as otherwise permitted or required by law. We maintain strict physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards to protect your information.
Separate from information you provide to us individually via our website, XShield uses web beacons on our website and in our emails to collect general information about visits to our website as part of our business tracking. This information is used to enhance your website experience and includes, for example, data regarding how you linked to our website, your Internet protocol (IP) address, your browser and/or device type, and your time of visit. This information does not include your name, address, telephone number or email address. XShield may use third-party web analytic and advertising services to assist with collecting and tracking of this information.
In addition, XShield’s third-party ad servers may use technology that includes web beacons on websites on which we advertise, to support site tracking, measure site performance, enhance your website experience, and for product marketing. For example, one of our third-party ad servers may place a cookie via a web beacon on your computer that helps to identify your computer when you arrive at or return to our site, to personalize aspects of your experience at our site, and to better understand how visitors like you in aggregate are using our site, all of which helps us to continually improve the experience on our site. These web beacons do not collect personally identifiable information (such as your name, address, telephone number or email address).
Another use of web beacons and cookies is for XShield to advertise on other websites. In this common practice (sometime referred to as re-targeting), our third-party ad server or an advertising vendor may use beacons to place cookies on your computer when you visit the XShield websites, in order to display XShield advertising messages to you later on other websites. We do not allow those third party ad servers or advertising vendors to use beacons on our site to place cookies that will be used to display advertising for any companies other than XShield. To learn more, or to opt-out of this type of targeting by third party ad servers/vendors that are members of the Network Advertising Initiative and the Digital Advertising Alliance, please visit http//www.networkadvertising.org/managing/opt_out.asp and http://www.aboutads.info/choices/.
Links to Other Companies on the XShield Website
Reviewing or Modifying Your Information
As a planholder, you can always review and update your information through your account on our website at www.xshield.io or by calling our customer service center at (415) 583-5515. All consumers have the right to know the information that XShield has about them, to make changes to that information, and to know the identity of any entity that XShield has disclosed that information to within the previous two years. To make such an inquiry please call our customer service center or write to the address listed below and identify the information you would like. You will be required to provide certain information for identity verification purposes. If your information is immediately accessible when you call, the customer service representative will review it with you and you may make changes to it at that time. If your information is not immediately accessible when you contact us, within 30 business days, XShield will inform you of the types of information we have about you. If you would like to further review the information, you may review and copy the information in person at our customer service center or request a copy be sent to you by mail. XShield may charge a fee for providing a copy by mail. If you are under 18 and make a comment on the XShield Blog or anywhere else on our website that allows visitors to post comments, you may ask us to remove your comment by writing to [email protected]. Please note that your request does not ensure complete or comprehensive removal of the content or information. For example, some of your content may have been reposted by another user.